Valterra is exploring for mineral deposits in Ontario and British Columbia, Canada. The Company is well structured with an experienced geologic team, management group, and Board of Directors.
Valterra's flagship project is the Bobcaygeon Graphite Property in Southern Ontario. The project area covers over +160 sq. kilometres and is located near roads, power, and skilled labour force. Geologically the property package is favourably situated on the border of the Precambrian Grenville Province and the Paleozoic Lowlands forming a prospective locale for potential graphitic deposits.
- Grab and chip sampling results of up to 28.1% Cg from recent regional prospecting identified three new graphite zones known as the "Salerno", "Crystal", and "4South"
- Grab sample from Discovery Trench assayed ultra-high purity flake graphite of 99.97%
- New discovery of +1km long graphite trend on the property
- High-grade scout drilling results: 6.36% C(g) over 3.38m; including 31.90% C(g) over 0.53m
- Metallurgical Concentrate Highlights from +20kg Grab Sample:
• 99.97% C or "ultra-high-purity" returned from fine-flake graphite concentrate
• 94.9% C returned for large and jumbo flake concentrate
• 96.3% C returned for medium flake concentrate
- Assayed 34% graphite head grade in metallurgical grab sample
- 800m x 400m IP ground-geophysics anomaly defined; open for expansion (see map)
- The property package has tripled to +160 sq km
The first discovery for graphite on the Bobcaygeon property was in 2003 during a trenching program. The graphite veins are within calcitic marbles sitting west of a syenitic amphibolite unit and the contact is traceable for up to 10-12 kilometres.
Valterra is also active in south-eastern BC and controls over 104 sq. km. Key holdings include the Star Project: “Star” and “Toughnut” located southwest of Nelson BC. This project area encompasses over 2,045 hectares covering five Au-Ag-polymetallic mineralized zones. The zones are structurally aligned in a 3.5 km belt situated near the provinces first lode mine, the ca. 1888 Silver King mine. Additionally, the Company has earned a 100% interest in the >8,375 hectare ”Swift Katie” bulk-tonnage porphyry Cu-Au property located near Salmo, BC.