Valterra is exploring for mineral deposits in British Columbia, Canada, Nevada USA and Chihuahua, Mexico. The company is well-structured with an experienced geologic team, management group, and Board of Directors.
Figure 1 - Property Locations. Source: Google Earth
The recent acquisition of the Los Reyes Project in Chihuahua, Mexico adds an exciting early stage, high-grade Cu-Au skarn target within an underexplored area east of the historic mining community of Hidalgo de Parral, with artisanal mining of near-surface oxides reportedly containing grades up to 8% Cu.*
Surface sampling of waste dumps in November 2019 related to the artisanal workings and limited outcrop chip samples returned 22 of 28 samples with Cu values >1% Cu at an average grade of 3.1% Cu and up to 5.9% Cu. The anomalous samples contain elevated precious and base metal values up to 0.57g/t Au, 25.3g/t Ag, 0.47% Mo and 1.7% Zn. Anomalous samples were collected along the full 800m strike-length of the exploration target on the property with most of the samples collected in 5 clusters adjacent to open cuts and pits related to the historically mined portions of the trend.
Valterra's Weepah project in Nevada adds a high-grade, past producing gold property located in the prolific Walker Lane Gold Belt.
Due diligence sampling by Valterra in the Weepah pit confirmed earlier reported high-grade sampling by others and includes:
- South Pit Face - Chip-channel samples up to 3m of 9.01 g/t Au and 7m of 5.67 g/t Au in two adjacent samples
- North Pit Face - Chip-channel samples up to 8m of 3.50 g/t Au and 1.2m of 2.81 g/t Au in two adjacent samples, and
- Center of Pit - A float sample returned 16.2g/t Au and 10.6g/t Ag
Valterra is also active in south-eastern BC at Salmo and controls the >8,300 hectare ‘Swift Katie’ Au-Cu-Ag porphyry system which also includes a high-grade gold system at the southern Swift target. The ‘Swift’ target has been a main focus for Valterra in recent years. Highlights from the 1980s and from Valterra’s 2014, 2016 and 2017 diamond drilling includes:
- 11.5 g/t Au & 6.7 g/t Ag over 2.5m in hole SK17-015
- 1.1 g/t Au & 0.5 g/t Ag over 22.6m in hole SK17-015
- 3.1 g/t Au, 2.0 g/t Ag over 8.6m from hole SK17-019
- 0.96 g/t Au over 6.6m in hole SK16-011
- 13.3 g/t Au, 201 g/t Ag & 0.33% Cu over 3.5m from SK14-002
- 1.83 g/t Au over 10m from hole 87-6, including 5.15g/t Au over 2.0m*
* Historical assay results have not been verified by Valterra and should not be relied upon.
In 2017, drilling successfully offset two high-grade gold zones located along a 1,000 metre strike-length of the Swift gold structure.
Figure 2: Swift Zone Location of 2017 Drilling
The ‘Katie’ deposit is an alkaline Cu-Au-Ag porphyry system. The potassic core has elevated Cu and Au values and is surrounded by a broad propylitic zone. Sulphide minerals include pyrite, chalcopyrite with minor sphalerite, tetrahedrite, bornite and molybdenum.
The project has excellent infrastructure with major highways nearby, established forestry routes on-site, proximal high capacity power network nearby and a skilled regional workforce (pop. >25,000 in the district). Moreover, BC/Canada provides many generous investment and tax advantages in a politically stable jurisdiction.
*Historical assay results have not been verified by Valterra and should not be relied upon.