Valterra is exploring for mineral deposits in British Columbia, Canada and represents a well-structured and experienced geologic team, management group, and Board of Directors.
Valterra’s active in south-eastern BC at Salmo and controls the >8,300 hectare ‘Swift Katie’ bulk-tonnage and high-grade porphyry/epithermal Au-Cu-Ag property.
The ‘Swift’ target was drilled in Q3/Q4 of 2016 with 6 NQ2 holes totalling 1,954m. 1980s to 2016 Drill Highlights*:
- 6.6m averaging 0.96g/t Au in hole SK16-011
- 3.5m grading 13.3g/t Au, 201g/t Ag & 0.33% Cu from SK14-002
- 10m averaging 1.83g/t Au from hole 87-6, including 2.0m grading 5.15g/t Au;
- 1.5m grading 1.43g/t Au from hole 87-7; and
- 3.6m averaging 1.27g/t Au from hole 87-8.
* Historical assay results have not been verified by Valterra and should not be relied upon as such.
The ‘Katie’ deposit is an alkaline Cu-Au-Ag porphyry system. The potassic core has elevated Cu and Au values and is surrounded by a broad propylitic zone. Sulphide minerals include pyrite, chalcopyrite with minor sphalerite, tetrahedrite, bornite and molybdenum.
The project has excellent infrastructure with major highways nearby, established forestry access routes on-site, proximal high capacity power network nearby and a skilled regional workforce (pop. >25,000 in the district). Moreover, BC/Canada provides many generous investment and tax advantages in a politically stable jurisdiction.